Through the month of April, in honor of the spring season, we are going to celebrate VEGETABLES! Your challenge for the next thirty days is to eat a variety of vegetables, including trying new veggies that you have not eaten before. Each week turn in the attached sheet (or you can e-mail it to Lisa Garon) to share what new veggies you have tried, the variety of veggies you have eaten and your favorite way to prepare them.
- You must eat 4 different vegetables a day.
- Example: A salad with lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers and a side of steamed broccoli.
- You must eat a variety of 8 different vegetables for the week.
- Example: A salad consisting of 3 vegetables, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, raw carrots and celery, and a baked yam.
- You must eat 1 new vegetable a week (This could be a vegetable you may never have eaten or one you have not eaten in a very long time).
- Example: Kale or Turnips
Tiers & Rewards…
- Tier 1: there must be a variety of 12 vegetables for the month.
- Tier 2: there must be a variety of 16 vegetables for the month.
- Tier 3: there must be a variety of 20 vegetables for the month.
- Vegetables may not be bought canned or frozen. They must be purchased in the fresh state. Organic is best.
- By May 1st, all your sheets must be turned in.
- All participants will receive prizes…
- Tier 1 participants will receive a copy of Food Rules by Michael Pollan
- Tier 2 participants will receive a copy of Food Rules by Michael Pollan and a Kettlebell Necklace.
- Tier 3 participants will receive a copy of Food Rules by Michael Pollan, a Kettlebell Necklace, and a Synergy Kettlebell Training T-shirt.
Below is a list of just some veggies you can choose from, but of course there’s many more:
Artichoke Eggplant Onions
Arugula Endive Parsley
Asparagus Fennel Peppers
Bok Choy Frisee Radicchio
Broccoli Kale Rhubarb
Brussel Sprouts Kohlrabi Root Vegetables
Cabbage Lemon grass Radish
Cauliflower Lettuce Spinach
Celery Mushrooms Squashes
Chard Mustard Greens Tomato
Collard Greens Okra Tubers
Sign Up With Bob & Lisa Today!
And share your comments below. We LOVE hearing what you have to say.