ROCKTOBER launches with 2 BIG challenges for us to test ourselves and experience even BIGGER results because of all month long.
4 Week “Old School” (aka Paleo) Challenge
Challenge starts on October 1st and will continue through October 31st – Perfect timing right before the holidays!
You’re welcome to post any questions, advice, recommendations, or your progress. Support from and accountability with one another is also welcome throughout the month!
It’s recommended that you do pictures, body weight, and measurements at the beginning of the challenge so you can track your progress.
I’m holding an optional Old School Before & After Contest and pictures will be used for contest submission on October 31st! Winners will receive Amazon, Trader Joe’s, or Fruitful Yield gift cards- your choice.
I find it easier to keep a food journal of everything I eat- You’re much more aware and conscience of food you’re taking in. Taking pictures of your meals is another option!
Keep in mind this challenge is for YOU – no one else will be watching what you eat or if you do any cheats… even if you do it’s okay as long as you get right back on the wagon.
For some of you this will be difficult, possibly very, BUT I’m certain each and every one of you has the will power to complete this 4 week challenge! No Excuses!!
3…2…1… READY GO!
OLD SCHOOL CHALLENGE: What To Eat
YES to grass fed meats, wild caught seafood, vegetables, some fruits, but not too much, cage free eggs, nuts, and seeds. Avocado, asparagus, arugula, kale, spinach, broccoli, celery, sweet potatoes, yams, any type of leafy green, red cabbage, artichoke, olives. All berries, melons, apples, pomegranate. Chicken eggs, ostrich eggs, duck eggs, quail eggs. (no Do Do eggs). Almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
No processed foods. Pretty much anything in the middle of the grocery store. Can’t recognize it growing or running around in the wild? Don’t eat it.
No sugar. I don’t care whether it’s super natural 100% organic fair trade sugar from the honey of communitarian bees, IT’S STILL SUGAR. No sweeteners, no agave nectar. Stevia, raw honey, and maple syrup are fine.
No grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, corn and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like Ezekiel bread or other sprouted grains.
No legumes. Peanuts, peanut-butter, beans, peas, lentils, cashews.
No dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
Less alcohol (eliminate or greatly restrict). No sugary mixers, no beer or alcohols containing gluten.
Fewer sweet fruits and starchy vegetables. Bananas, eating a bunch of apples, grapes, peaches, or plums, dried fruit, or white potatoes.
Cook with real fats. If you’re cooking, then do not cook with lard or animal fat except unsalted butter. If you don’t have that, then cook with unrefined coconut oil.
HANDSTAND PUSHUP CHALLENGE: Full & Modified Versions so EVERYONE will participate
Welcome to our 31 day Hand Stand Pushup Challenge. Below is a quick run down on the important things to know.
1. The challenge begins Monday, October 1st. Click on the following youtube video to learn how to do a HSPU and learn all the modifications to ensure everyone CAN do one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhdSLkf-8o
*What is not shown is our common V-Stand Pushup. Those are acceptable too as long as the butt is at its peak and torso is as vertical as your body can make it.
2. This is a virtual challenge every day, meaning you can participate from wherever you are home/work/workout.
3. The challenge lasts 31 days and begins with 1 HSPU on October 1st. On day 2 of the challenge do 2 HSPU, then 3 on day 3, 4 on day 4 etc. until the culmination on October 31st.
4. If you fail to complete any or all HSPU on a given day, in order to stay in the challenge, all HSPU assigned to the failed or missed day must be completed the next day PLUS all the ones due for that day. HSPUs that you may complete during your workout do count toward your daily total.
5. HSPU can be done all at once or spread out during the day as long as they are all done by midnight. Head must touch ground at the bottom and elbows have to be all extended in the straight position.6. For those who can`t do the HSPU without modification, you CAN DO it as any of the progression seen in the video or as I mentioned.
This month is going to be AMAZING and by discovering that you can really push yourself to follow these challenges, no matter how hard they will be, we will together see the offspring of the power of persistent dedication to commitment. That right there is what produces real results! ONWARD to stronger, healthier bodies and minds!!